Harris-Courage & Grady, PLLC
10 Ways to Earn Money without Leaving Your Home
If you have extra time on your hands, there are hundreds of ways you could be earning extra money. Try one of these ten ways to earn money on the side that you can do right from your home.
- Chances are there is someone looking for help with something that you know how to do. You can write, design, edit photographs, build websites, and more. All you need is an internet connection. You can try offering your services on a general website like Fiverr, or choose another website more specific to your niche.
- Virtual call centers. If you’ve got a telephone and a computer, you can be part of a virtual call center from your home. These jobs may include making outbound telemarketing calls or receiving inbound calls. Call centers generally have high turnover, so there are always employers looking to hire. If you enjoy talking on the phone, a virtual call center might be a great side job for you.
- Data Entry. Data entry from home is an area where there are a lot of scammers promising jobs, but there are legitimate companies out there too. Most legitimate companies pay per entry or per completed piece. Legitimate companies will also not require you to pay them to get started. Data entry isn’t a get-rich-quick job, but you can earn some money and it isn’t terribly difficult.
- Many parents are looking for tutors to help their children succeed in school. Brush up on your skills from your favorite school subject and offer your services.
- If you speak a second language, you can earn money translating. You can offer your services on a freelancing website and search for people who are looking for translation help.
- Rent out a room. Roommates can be a great help to cover your bills. If you don’t think you’d like a permanent roommate, you can try listing a room, or even your couch, on Airbnb.
- Take surveys. Taking surveys online can earn you either cash or gift cards depending on the company you choose to work with. However, be careful. If you have to pay to start taking the surveys, then it’s probably a scam.
- Pet sit. If you love pets, then you can earn money caring for the pets of others. You can advertise your availability with websites like Rover.com or Care.com
- Rent your car. If you have a car, you can earn money renting it out when you aren’t using it. Try listing it on a website like RelayRide or GetAround.
- Sell crafts. If you love to make art or crafts, it’s easy to sell them online. Create an online shop at a website like Etsy, and see how much you can earn.
No matter what your skills and interests, there is something you can do to earn money from home. Put some of your free time to a new use and watch your earnings add up.