Harris-Courage & Grady, PLLC
6 Ways to Get out Of Debt Permanently
If you’re struggling with debt, you aren’t alone. Many successful people, just like you, have been in debt and have overcome it. Here is a collection of articles with fantastic ideas to help you and your family get out of debt – for good!
- Just say no. One family’s journey to get out of debt involved a family motto to help them say no to purchases they didn’t need. Their motto helped them get all the family members on board with getting out of debt by the end of the year. http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/how-to-get-out-of-debt-hashtag/
- Change how you think. Getting out of debt isn’t just about limiting your spending. It’s also about changing the way you think and changing your habits. http://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/want-to-get-out-of-debt-and-build-wealth-cultivate-these-5-habits.html
- Increase your income. There are a lot of ways to earn extra money – here are 5 that Dave Ramsey likes. http://www.daveramsey.com/blog/5-unique-ways-get-out-of-debt?ectid=10.37.5844
- Work with your spouse. If the money problems aren’t all yours, it’s very important to develop a plan together to get out of debt. Check out these strategies. https://co-opcreditunions.org/getting-debt-couple/
- Consider bankruptcy. If stress from your debts is extremely high, you aren’t making more than your minimum payments, and the collectors won’t stop calling, it may be time to file bankruptcy. This article offers tips on how to decide if bankruptcy is a good fit for you. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865656600/Financial-Tips-Tricks-When-is-bankruptcy-the-best-option.html?pg=all
- Find products that can help you. There are so many companies offering loans and financial products that can help reduce your interest rates to help you get out of debt more quickly. Here’s a list of 6 products that can help with everything from student loans to mortgages. https://www.myfinance.com/how-to-get-out-of-debt/
Here are 6 great ideas to help you get started on your debt-free journey. If you’d like help developing a plan to get you out of debt for good, give our office a call.
We’ve helped over 10,000 people living in Upstate New York to eliminate their debts. We’re here to help you too!