Harris-Courage & Grady, PLLC
Top Five Tips to find Deals Online
The holidays are just around the corner. We strongly recommend that everyone make and stick to a budget for their holiday shopping.
Don’t allow your holiday shopping to create debt problems that carry into next year.
Online shopping makes it easy to compare prices and ensure you’re getting the best possible deal.
Check out these strategies and websites to find the best deals online:
- Sign up for the store email list. You’ll be notified about deals and sales as soon as they start. And you won’t ever need to shop without a coupon again.
- Buy out of season. You can find great deals, online and in stores, at the end of the season. Planning ahead can save you lots of money. There’s no reason you can’t give a gift in winter that you know will be loved and appreciated in the summer.
- Watch out for shipping charges. Be sure to include the shipping charge in your price comparisons. A high shipping charge can change a good deal into a very bad one. Many retailers will offer free shipping if you spend above a certain amount, or offer periodic codes for free shipping on all orders.
- Check deal websites. There are many deal websites that can help you find the best price on whatever you’re looking for. If you have a specific product in mind, pricegrabber.com will show you which online retailer has it cheapest. If you’re doing more general searching, www.bradsdeals.com and www.dealnews.com are great options.
- Stick to your budget. Seeing “good deals” makes most of us want to spend more money—that’s why stores offer sales. Maintain your self-control and only buy things that are within your holiday budget. Remember, if it makes you overspend, it isn’t a good deal.
Taking the time to plan ahead and watch for deals can help you save a lot of money. These tips can help you stay within your holiday budget and avoid financial stress for the new year.